Sunday, December 05, 2010

Survived!

Wowza... It's been two weeks since I've been here.

I've thought about you a lot, but first, I didn't have the energy to write because MWH was having surgery. He wasn't worried, so I had to try NOT to worry. I couldn't write because, well, I might have worried out loud in the writing. Anyway, now, MWH is almost back to normal. It'll be two weeks since the surgery on Tuesday. Tomorrow (before two weeks), he's planning to go back to working out, so that's a super sign! I love you, MWH!

I took almost the entire week of Thanksgiving off and hung with the family. We didn't do much, but it was nice--except for the surgery part. Let's see, I worked Monday, Tuesday was the surgery, W-Sunday I hung with the girls and tried to keep them from bugging MWH too much. We played a lot of DDR on the Wii. On Friday, we got together with our friends for dinner. Good friends are so nice to hang with... just chill and relax. MWH didin't go, but he got to rest in quiet all day.

After the relaxing break week, I knew that I was going to be really far behind at work. I had a 3-page report to write, a training to do this week, and Zumba training this weekend. I wasn't sure how I was going to survive it all.

Friday morning, I almost lost it. Seriously. I had to do everything I could to not just sink into a heap and cry. (What triggered it? The people who clean our house were coming and I hadn't had much chance to straighten, plus I wasn't done with my 3-pager and I didn't think I would finish it in time to send it off for feedback before it was due.) Then, a miracle happened.

My Friday afternoon meeting was cancelled! I was able to sit for 2-hours completely uninterrupted, errr, well except by the cat who wanted to be next to me and purr, and work on the report. I made TREMENDOUS progress. I was able to pick up the girls, take them to gymnastics, work for about 1/2 hour while I was there and then finish it up and send it off by 6:30 pm. Truly miraculous!

I was able to go to Zumba training yesterday and just enjoy myself and NOT stress about the report! Zumba training was GREAT. I really would like to teach, and the training gave me more confidence. I'll maybe talk more about this in another post (AS IF I'LL EVER HAVE TIME). I got home from the training and I had feedback from the project lead on the report and he liked it! I went through the report one last time and sent it off this morning!

Today is the start of another crazy week.... Today, we have Girl Scouts and 4H on the same day. Next week, I have to work a lot on shaping a report for another project (2 pieces of it, the feedback piece and the results piece), survive more of the implementation of a project with 6th graders, and email off a survey for people to take. I HOPE to be back here sometime this week, but who knows. Did I ever tell you how CRAZY it always gets at my work in December? It does... ALWAYS and it sucks.

1 comment:

Lola Granola said...

I didn't know... :) gladbfor the miracle.