Friday, October 08, 2010

Parent Teacher Conferences

I wrote up a short summary of the conferences so I could remember more than what I included in the last post, but then I couldn't decide which blog to post it on. On the one hand, the Grandparents would love to read the write-up, so I should post it on the other blog. On the other hand, I don't know if I want it on that blog because I don't know if I want this much detail about the girls out there when they aren't mostly anonymous. I finally decided to post it here, where we are mostly anonymous, and then probably email a version to the Grandparents.







oNe's conference: Her teacher really likes her. She said she wished she had 20 oNe's in her room. AWWWWW! Her teacher said oNe is the most caring student she's ever seen. (Again, aw.)

oNe is doing fine in school. Her teacher wants her to gain a little confidence in herself. oNe is a little scientist, and in all things science she is confident. However, when she changes to other subjects, she sometimes shows hesitation.

oNe is doing fine in Math; the teacher says she has some students who cry when it's math time. (Their math is pretty advanced.) The other thing about oNe is that sometimes she lacks focus. When she is on she's very on, but when she is not on, she's all over the map.


twoK's conference: She is a GREAT reader and writer. (She's reading at or above the 2nd grade level--this is beginning of first.) She is right on in Math, but doesn't like Math as much as writing. The teacher is impressed with her writing, and so am I. She has lots of friends and gets along well with her classmates. The teacher thinks she has lots of insights into things, and makes great connections, but thinks she needs a little more confidence in speaking in class; I agree. The teacher thinks she is delightful; again, I concur.


Three-a's conference: She is cheerful, sweet, well-mannered, and confident. She has made friends and adapted very well to kindergarten. The teacher is a little concerned about her ability to write, but I am NOT at all. Three-a just turned 5 in August, so she's a young 5. Her abilities are right on target for her age--probably even well above average for her age. Three-a's never been that interested in reading and writing, but she's starting to show more interest. I think she'll be an over achiever, just like twoK, soon. Three-a has always kind of held back on things, and then when she decides to do them, she does them practically perfect. Her confidence and ability to interact with others will take her far, too.

No comments: