Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cough, cough

Hey, it's not me coughing this time! twoK and Three-a are. Last year, on our anniversary, I was recovering from a cold. I am so glad I didn't have a cold on our anniversary this year.

I feel like I always end up with a cold right around our anniversary. This year, I got one at the beginning of September. It took me about 3 weeks to recover completely, but I've been fully recovered for a couple weeks now, so that cold is just a faint memory--the best kind. I think, that horrible cold kept me from getting on in October, so WOOT! If I get one now, it will suck, but not as bad as before the anniversary.

MWH and I had a wonderful anniversary. We saw a movie last night (The Social Network), and then went to get food (Chinese). The girls spent the night at N3nny's house. I don't think we'll send them over for another sleep over for several reasons, though. (1. It was really expensive, 2. Fs, 3. WD, 4. see below.).

N3nny was so excited to see them, and they her. She had activity after activity planned for them. They had fun, but when we picked them up today, they were exhausted. MWH and I took them out to dinner, so they could be part of our celebration, but it wasn't that much fun because they were so exhausted. I would have gone home and not bothered with going out except I didn't want to cook. It was nice to have a night alone, but when they came home so crabby, it almost didn't seem worth it.

What else... Oh, MWH and I went and finally picked out new chairs for our kitchen table. We actually picked them out last year, but never got around to going to purchase them. Are we lame, or what? Heh. We're going to buy 2 to start and see if we really like them and to see if we think 5 will fit around the kitchen table. The girls still use "kid chairs," and we're not quite ready to change that (plus we aren't sure 5 will fit). If they don't, then we'll find other chairs when the time comes to get the girls big chairs.

Wow, if you're still reading, you're amazing. This has been a pretty boring post... To summarize, MWH and I had wonderful, lazy, hanging-out anniversary, just like we like. Happy one-dozen years, MWH. Here's to dozens more dozens! xoxo.

No comments: