Thursday, October 07, 2010

No time

I was going to blog more. I believe I set a goal for myself for 2 times a week. I want to blog more. I want to write about all the fun things the girls are doing and saying, but I just have NO TIME. Every week it seems there's at least one thing that is out of the ordinary. This week, there were 7 things that weren't part of the normal routine.

1. twoK had a field trip and I got to go! (Totally fun, but 4.5 hours of time I didn't have and I had to skip Zumba to do do it--you know I love my kids if I'm willing to skip Zumba for them.)

2. Volunteering in oNe's class. In third grade, the teacher doesn't want parents around that much. I finally got my turn. I'm hoping it can be a more regular occurrence, and I'm working on that. I spent 3 hours there yesterday.

3-5 were the 3 parent teacher conferences we had this week... oNe, twoK and Three-a are all doing fine and dandy. oNe's teacher is SO sweet and said super nice things about all 3 of the girls. twoK is an over achiever and doing super well. Three-a is super confident and right where she needs to be. The teacher wants us to work with her on fine-motor skills to improve her writing, but I'm not worried a bit. She just turned 5 in August and now, all of a sudden, she's wanting to do lots more writing and academic-like work.

6. A new committee at school, and their questions, resulted in a teacher having to do a presentation for them. Since it was in my area of expertise, I helped her with some of the research and editing on the presentation (about 5-7 hours on my part--a LOT MORE time on her part).

7. I have to go to the meeting tonight when she presents.

It's weeks like this that make me want to quit my job. I am so busy!

Other fun stuff this week... Three-a lost her FIRST TOOTH. She doesn't want to put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy, though. It's in my room. We'll see if she'll let it go tonight.

Upcoming... MWH and I celebrate our 12th anniversary!!!!

I should get back to work for another hour before the meeting.

No comments: