Friday, October 15, 2010

Things today...

These would be twitters if I tweeted.

1. 2 or 3 VERY tall men just walked by my office. I was so confused by their height that I couldn't count. Seriously.

2. After a 3.5 hour work session on one project, we made progress, but unfortunately, we need about 15 more 3 hour sessions to be "done" with that part of the project.

3. Three-a and I were supposed to have a playdate with a friend of hers from pre-k. I didn't email to confirm until this morning and the other mom didn't email back.

4. I can't decide if I was ambivalent about the playdate or just busy. Or if busy caused ambivalence. I think busy caused me to not email until today.

5. With no playdate, I am delighted to get 2-3 more hours in the office, but also sad because I know that I have WAY more work to do than that.

6. I will be working this weekend.

7. I like the new babysitter. However, she didn't use the correct "there" (should have been they're) in her last text to me.

8. She also made a grammatical mistake in twoK's homework... (She encouraged twoK to write "I could of" instead of "I could have" Granted, I could've sounds like I could of, but it's not.)

9. I know I make the occasional grammatical mistake, but I HATE it when I see it after I do it. I somehow can't see them until I push "publish" on blog posts. Then, I CRINGE, scold myself, and correct it. I'm sure there's one in this post, somewhere. Let me know and I'll fix.

10. I have a friend in facebook who uses the incorrect "patience" in her status updates. For example, she'll write, "That tried my patients."

11. I really want to correct her.

11. This week has been very busy. Three-a had the field trip this week. I think I managed to get 20 minutes of work done yesterday before 9:30 pm.

12. I am constantly wrestling with whether I want to work, how much I want to work, how much I want to grow my career, and how much I don't.

13. I don't know the answer to any of the questions.

14. Day in the office is over... now to go home and do kid stuff.

No comments: