Saturday, August 28, 2010

boring...

After looking through old posts yesterday, I decided to blog more because I loved reading about what our life used to be like, but as we went through today, it didn't seem like we had any "blog worthy" moments. I'm sure there will be days when things are just happening but today seemed a little light on things I should record for posterity.

Today
First, the girls played a lot on their own this morning. They started playing the moment they got up, around 8 am. I heard them get up and then I rolled over to snuggle with MWH. I thought I'd only dozed a little, but the next thing I knew, it was 9:25. Ahhhhh, lovely sleep! The girls were totally playing well this morning and they didn't have any sisterly screaming until past 11 am--more than three hours of playing without screaming is shocking, in fact, I have to reconsider, that is pretty blog worthy.

(Tonight, on the other hand, non-stop sisterly screaming from 7-8 pm....oNe was hungry and when she's hungry, she is angry. She gets so hungry that she won't eat; she says she's not hungry and I tell her she's just past the point of hunger and that she needs to eat. It's just no fun at all when she's like that. She gets very grumpy and yell-y. When she's like that, I have to yell to get her to eat. UGH. Seriously, she isn't rational, but as soon as I yell, she eats--what's a Mom to do?)

This afternoon, we went to a birthday party. It was for a little girl in twoK's class, but all 3 went to the place since the party was held at a public (well, you pay to get in) indoor playground. After that party, we went to our neighborhood block party. Okay, YAWN.....

A little less boring
One thing, kind of fun, oNe has decided she and her sisters should have a secret club with secret nicknames. They whispered in the back of the car and came up with secret names--no one but they could know. Within about five minutes of being home, oNe told me hers. I will share it here because, someday, she may read the blog and she may have forgotten about her secret name. Her secret name is Hermione. (She's a big Harry Potter fan. She made it through the first 4 books this summer and then I kind of wanted her to wait to read book 5.)

Three-a's secret name is either Lanie or Dandelion, they won't tell me for sure, although I'm sure I could get it out of oNe if I asked. twoK won't tell her secret name. She's a pretty good secret keeper; oNe really isn't. The secrets burst forth from oNe pretty easily. Heh.

What else... I'm not feeling the writing mood right now. I think I'm going to have to practice blogging more about them again. I'll try again tomorrow. We're planning on cleaning the house and doing Three-a's homework*. The fun NEVER ends around here.


*Yes, kindergartners get homework after the first full week of school. Our school is a little intense.

No comments: