Monday, August 30, 2010

Recording

On Sunday, I launched a cleaning mission.

I went into the girls room to change the sheets, but before I could do that, they had to pick up the 200 toys on their bedroom floor. Then oNe and twoK had to take the 40+ stuffed animals off their beds. They weren't happy--in fact, I made oNe and twoK cry. I told them they could no longer sleep with that many stuffed animals. Three-a sleeps with 5 or so toys/animals. Five seems like a LOT to me, but it's a lot less than 40 (and I am not exaggerating here), so she didn't have to give up anything. Three-a thought it was a good day as now she gets more room in her bed (she and twoK share a double bed)*.

I'm sorry, call me cold and heartless, but I'm not going to feel bad when you are crying because you can't sleep with all 40 of your favorite stuffed animals. Nor will I give in if you cry for 15 minutes. Your father, smart MWH, grabbed the camera and recorded the antics as I'm sure that video will come in handy for blackmailing you in the future--I'm looking at you, oNe.

I should have never let it get so crazy with so many animals in bed, but sometimes, it's easier to choose your battles and how many stuffed animals were in bed with the girls didn't seem like a big deal**. Now, it does.

Talk to me, am I cruel and cold hearted?


*Here's a picture of the girls' bed. Three-a and twoK have the double on the bottom and oNe has the twin bunk on top.

**I should have put my foot down when oNe had the quote of the day saying, "It gets a little crazy in my bed, sometimes."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not cruel at all. And, 40? Really? lol

Anonymous said...

Not cruel at all. In fact, you are patient for letting it go on for so long!

~Amelia