Sunday, May 30, 2010

I like to cook...

This post begins to address 6. Eating vegan and making homemade food from this post.

I just found this blog and I'm excited! Most of the recipes are soy-free, but not all.

Don't these look yummy????

I want to try this one!

And this one!

And this one from my happy healthy friend.

Last weekend I tried this recipe, sort of. You know I can't follow recipes. I used fewer lentils, more rice and more broth (it worked out just fine because the extra moisture helped with the extra rice). It wouldn't have had enough spice for us as it was, and I knew that, so I made a sauce with onions, oregano, basil, garlic and tomato sauce. I let it simmer for a really long time and then I added spinach. Here's what it looked like. (Photo by MWH)



It tasted pretty yum. We all loved the sauce. (The girls ate it, without the chunks of onions and spinach, on top of noodles--I gave them their peas or broccoli separate.) MWH wants me to experiment with different types of lentils. I can do that. I like lentils more than he does, but I just haven't made very many kinds of them yet (because he doesn't love them). I'm not sure what different types of lentils there are so I'm a little scared of this, but I'll figure something out.

I really like trying new recipes and making homemade, yummy food from ingredients that are healthy. The girls and MWH have planted a lovely garden and soon some of my food will come from a VERY LOCAL source--my backyard!

No comments: