Monday, May 17, 2010

almost

I wrote part of a long blog post Sunday, but it's not ready for publishing yet--I can't count it as a time of blogging until I publish though. In the meantime, I'll share that Three-a (now 4.5) learned to ride a two-wheeled bike this weekend! No training wheels! She's great! I definitely don't have any babies any more... Two little girls and one almost big one now. CRAZY!

On Sunday, we went on a hike with twoK's Daisy troop. We went to a hiking grounds on the mountain where we used to live. We used to go to this hiking trail a fair bit before we had kids. There's a body of water that occurs in the winter/spring there; usually by this time of the year it's dried and gone. However, this year has been so wet that it's still quite full. The girls all thought it was quite fun. One of the troop leaders caught a tadpole and none of the girls went in the water.

The hiking trail wen went to yesterday is linked in my mind to my pregnancy with oNe. The weekend before I found out I was pregnant with oNe, we went hiking there with MWH's sister. We actually went hiking quite a bit the summer before the pregnancy with oNe and until oNe became a walker. (When she started walking, we couldn't hike anymore because she hated riding in the stroller.) On a related note, I remembered the day but didn't blog about it on May 1; it's been 9 years. Again, I say crazy!!!!!

This weekend, I've finally started planning for the summer... We'll take two trips for sure (one to see my family and one to see a wonderful friend!)and I have purchased those tickets. Now, I have to figure out camp schedules and nanny schedule. I have to work on some writing today and I don't want to do it.... It's for the project where I feel very inadequate... I know I need to just invest the time and do it, but bleh. I know if I invest the time, I'll learn and it will be okay, but it seems daunting.

No comments: