Wednesday, May 19, 2010

charades, violins, and Zumba

Tonight, when I came home, n3nny was playing charades with the girls. I love charades. Seriously.

It's my favorite game. I played competitively in high school. Seriously. (I have a medal from a tournament!)

The girls have a ways to go before we reach the true competitive level, but it's a start, and they are pretty good. (They weren't doing books, plays, TV shows, and movies, they were just doing "people and animals," but you gotta start somewhere!) (I can't believe I've never blogged about charades, but I've never had girls old enough to play before!!! I can't believe I didn't teach them how to play--what an oversight on my part.)

The girls loved charades. I. am. so. excited.

As we were chatting, twoK told me she wants to play violin. Then, oNe said she wanted to learn to play too. Next, Three-a chimed in that she wanted to learn. I may have a violin trio soon. I need to figure out violin lessons--I want the girls to do an instrument. I figured we'd start with piano, but no real reason except that's what I did. But, since the girls are expressing an interest, we might as well go with it.

One of my Bloggy friends emailed me tonight and she told me she took a Zumba class. She liked it! She got an endorphin high (yup! It's one of the best endorphin highs there is!) Go Ruth! I'm thrilled for you. You know how I feel about Zumba. (P.S. I'll email you back soon!)

And finally, for just a little more randomness, part of this post was created on my iPad. How cool is that? The on screen keyboard isn't bad. I have an external keyboard/dock, but I am not using it now.

1 comment:

KH said...

A is starting violin this year. We are using the materials (and violin) available from this site: http://theviolinbook.com (the website is not well-designed imo, but the materials come highly recommended. Great prices and the folks are wonderful to work with over the phone. You can read a review about it here:

http://www.thehomeschoolmagazine.com/Homeschool_Reviews/reviews.php?rid=742