Thursday, August 13, 2009

yeowch!

I went to the personal trainer yesterday and he showed me how to use the the Kinesis Wall. It takes a lot of balance. I will have to go back and practice (a lot). I think it was a good workout... my shoulders are SORE!

Today, I went to physical therapy and she gave me a couple of exercises. Most important is stretching my tight ilio-tibial band. I didn't even know I had an ilio-tibial band, let alone how to stretch it. Mine is pretty tight. And it sticks out of my leg. I'd never noticed it until she pointed it out today. Maybe I'll take a picture and share. I'll think about it. Anyway, the PT showed me the stretch in the video on this page for the ilio-tibial band. It's a stretch on a roller and YEOWCH! Who would have thought a little roller could hurt so much? It STILL hurts. It hurts a great deal.

I'm glad I went to the doctor and that now I'm doing stuff that is good for my legs. I want my legs and knees to last a long time. I liked the physical therapist a lot. She was super cute and it turns out, she was 11 weeks pregnant! I couldn't tell at all. She was teeny tiny and looked great. After she told me, we chatted a lot about kids.




On a completely different note, I got to have a 3-hour lunch and catch up with a good friend from college. I haven't seen her for 18 years a few years, but hanging and talking didn't feel much different than it did in college. She was a pretty good friend, but I had totally lost touch with her. Facebook brought us back together. She lives far away, but her parents live near me so we should get to see each other more now. She is in the same kind of profession (she's a practitioner not a researcher) as me, so we had LOTS to discuss!

Tomorrow night, I may get to see that other friend from college I mentioned. Pretty crazy.... two college friends in one week, both thanks to Facebook. If I get to see him, I'll tell you more about him afterwards.

No comments: