Sunday, August 16, 2009

topics

I feel behind on blogging, so here come several unrelated topics.

1. We have company. The house is pretty clean. It doesn't look all shiny though. MWH and I were discussing how much touch-up paint we need around the place... We just moved in (in 2006); and I haven't even finished unpacking. Little girls are hard on walls!

I also have FINALLY decided to do window treatments in the upstairs living room. Our living room is really casual, so it feels funny to call it a living room. I guess, it's really more of a "great room." Anyway, in my head, I wanted wood shutters, but I don't think they would go well with the room. It's taken a lot of debate (in my head) to get past my hang up on wanting shutters, but I've done it and decided to go with light filtering blinds similar to these. Now I just have to call and get them ordered. We have something like the type in the picture in our bedroom and I like them. (Sidebar: Although, now I'm thinking a roman shade would look nice in our bedroom. I'll probably change it out someday.) (Ask me in 5 years if it's happened yet. Heh.)


2. Hrm... I lost all the other thoughts I had in my head... All I can think of now are blinds.

3. Kindergarten. We found out twoK teacher and that she is "afternoon." She's not in the same class as our neighbor or anther friend we know. I still have to call another friend to find out what class her daughter is in.

4. Now that we know that twoK is in afternoon kindergarten, I can plan my fall schedule. I had fantasies that we could reduce our n3nny's hours, but really, it's hard. Part of the problem is that I like to work out and I need some time to do that. The other part of the problem is that even though I work half-time, I need to be somewhat flexible for work. Sometimes, I need to be there on a Tuesday, sometimes I need to be there on a Friday and sometimes I need to be there all 5 days in one week.

Having a nearly full-time (not quite) nanny allows me to be flexible. N3nny is great... Sometimes I find myself focusing on the negative, but in general, she does many wonderful things. I do have some things to discuss with her. I'm going to make a list of the things I don't like and then figure out how I can communicate the problems in a very positive way. One little thing is that she goes to the store for us some times and she doesn't take the frozen food home right away. It doesn't bother her to let it all melt, whereas, it drives ME CRAZY. I want frozen food to be RUSHED home from the grocery store and put in the freezer in .2 seconds. If I could keep a freezer in the back of my car to put the food in on the way home. I know. It's my freaky issue. I'm LUCKY to have someone help me grocery shop, so I should just shut up, but it bothers me.

I don't think N3nny knows how much it bothers me, so I need to 1) let her know and 2) only ask her to go to the store when she has time to get stuff home quickly. There are other things that bug me, but they aren't worth blogging about. Most of the things that bug are minor. Most of the things that bug just stem from the fact that N3nny and I are different people. It's not a big deal. I like N3nny's views on kids and how wonderful she is with the girls. That's the most important thing.

Okay, there's more, but I won't bore you for now. Hopefully, I'll get back to the blog soon.

No comments: