Saturday, May 09, 2009

Craving...

I listened to this new "relaxation/weight loss" app I got for my iPhone. No, I'm not really trying to lose weight, but someone I really like (in the blogosphere) recommended it. We'll see what happens. It did give me a 10-15 minute bit of relaxation, so that's good. There was a problem, though... After I listened to it, I started craving pepperoni.

Hrm.... Not sure pepperoni will help me lose weight.

I haven't yet given into the pepperoni craving, but I realized I was also craving broccoli and tomatoes. I'm looking for a good recipe. I may try this:


From www.cooks.com:

-------------------------
BROCCOLI TOMATO CASSEROLE
-------------------------

2 pkgs. frozen, chopped broccoli
2 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
Sliced, fresh tomatoes, sliced thick
2 tbsp. chopped onion
3/4 to 1 c. sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese

Saute onions in butter; add sour cream and lemon rind. Cook
broccoli and drain well. Mix all together. Place in a 9 x
13 inch buttered casserole dish. Roll tomatoes in Parmesan
cheese. Place tomato slices on top of broccoli mixture. May
use 2 layers of tomatoes instead of 1 thick, sliced layer.
Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese before baking. Bake 20
minutes at 400 degrees or until tomatoes are done.

I'll leave out the sour cream because I don't have any. I'll update add a "favorite recipes" tag if it's any good.

No comments: