Monday, May 04, 2009

almost 5

It's almost twoK's birthday!

She's making me plan some stuff. It might actually work really well. She really only wants to do something with her "best friend" who happens to be our neighbor and her sisters. It's great! I can handle small! If I feel up to it, I could even have a few others over for ice cream / cake, but probably not.

Today, twoK was super good in ballet. Last week, she threw an embarrassing (for me) fit. What's so hard with twoK is that when she is "on" she is VERY GOOD, but when she is not on, she is .... well, words escape me. We've had some not so good days lately. Turning 5 is hard.

She is reading though, now! Woo! She reads stories from Star Fall. We love that! She love to figure out words. She's really good at sounding words out. She's better at it than oNe at this age. oNe had an attitude though. oNe kept saying she didn't want to learn to read. (And then I'd get very sad and cry. but oNe learned to read this well before she was 6 and is a super reader now!)

Anyway, I think it's hard to be the oldest. I also think it's hard to be the middle child. So far, Three-a makes being the baby look easy.

No comments: