Thursday, October 30, 2008

I don't think

I don't think tomorrow will be magically different, but I think it will be better than today.

Today marks the day my friend died one year ago. So many people miss her. I was very sad on the one year anniversary of when she had her stroke. I am even more sad today.

The day she collapsed was the day she stopped being. An email I received early after she collapsed told me there was little brain stem activity. Little brain stem activity meant there was really nothing left. We all hoped, but we all knew that unless there was a miracle she would never be again. (Almost all of her friends study the brain in some way, direct or indirect. We knew.) So even though I knew she was gone the day she collapsed, I still find the day her body was taken off of life support to be a very sad day. I don't understand why I find it so sad because, logically, I know the day she collapsed was the day she ceased to be.

Is this making sense? Probably not. There really isn't logic here. It's emotion. I just miss her.

I am sad for the loss of my friend. I don't understand. She was young, looked like she was in good shape, ate healthy food, active, smart, a "good" person, a Mom... How can she be gone? I don't know if I'll ever understand. That sounds kind of dramatic, but again, it's emotion and I don't have to have a good logical reason. We all experience thing that make NO sense. This makes no sense to me.

No comments: