Thursday, July 10, 2008

On your mark, get set, Go...

Crazy!

1. I am teaching for OLU this fall. It will be good, but it will be a lot. I had a meeting with them yesterday. Crazy!

2. I have a new love ... Zumba. It is so. much. fun. I took a class Tuesday and now again today. I hope to do one tomorrow or Saturday (or both!).

I think the Zumba format will actually be good for my back. It has a lot of abdominal work in it in the form of dance. I love the class. My back didn't hurt at all after it. Did I mention it is so fun???? I have been reduced to a grinning idiot about Zumba. Ah, new love.

3. The girls completed swim lessons. T (2.9) was the only one who got moved up to the next level. Go T! N (6.5) and K (4) both are really close to completing the requirements for the class, but they could use some more practice. If we can, I'll get them in to lessons this fall (or sometime before summer next year) and hopefully next summer they will move up a level.

4. N is officially 6.5 now. Ice cream cones and one candle to blow out marked the occasion.

5. [Local state] University contacted me this morning to see if I wanted a (very) part-time research position this morning. My answer was, if it's really truly for 8 hours a week, maybe, but for spring it would be better. The person who called doesn't know for sure if it will happen in the fall, but he is wanting to see what we can do. He and I get along well and I think we'd make a good team.

I think that's it for today's crazy report. Tune in tomorrow to see what else is happening.

2 comments:

Zaz said...

Eek, loud Zumba link! I could never do anything resembling dance in front of other people :)

RUTH said...

Zumba sounds fun. Adding teaching at OLU and a part-time research position to everything you do already sounds like madness. Madness can be fun too.