Saturday, July 12, 2008

I <3 Zumba!

I got 4 workouts in this week!!!!!!! Zumba is so much fun. It's challenging, and I think with Zumba I'll be able to get in 3-4 workouts a week!!!!! Woo! It's been my goal to get 3 workouts in a week for a while now* (maybe going on 2 years?), but I haven't achieved it. This was a good week.

My new plan is to do my regular aerobics class two times a week and Zumba 2 times a week. I've been tossing around the idea of a personal trainer, but a personal trainer will cost me money and Zumba comes with the what we already pay for for the workout place membership. I do think a personal trainer would be good for me........ Is it possible to have a personal trainer intermittently? Like every other week... Or what is usual? Any one? Zaz?

On another, semi-related note, I have been meaning to record my newest (probably about 2 months old now) favorite healthy snack. Blueberries and oatmeal! I take a big bowl full of frozen blueberries and thaw them in the microwave. Then I make some oatmeal and combine! YUM. It reminds me of the crisps I made at the beginning of summer--except not crispy. (And! Bonus! Antioxidants! Heh.)





*For comedic value, N (6.5) has been spelling NOW, WHO. Don't ask me why. I am not 6.5. (Actually, I know why...she spelled it that way once and I laughed. Now, 200 times later, she still does it and thinks it is funny.)

2 comments:

Zaz said...

I see my personal trainer by appointment, as much as I want, with no overhead or commitment, just an hourly rate. I almost always go twice a week unless I (or he) has a conflict. I specifically did NOT want to join a gym where'd I'd have to feel guilty about not going if I got busy.

I go to Axis in Menlo Park, but I think they have one in Mountain View.

I've gone from not being able to do hardly anything to playing soccer again!

RUTH said...

I had a personal trainer for a while who I caught up with at a cafe once a month. She does most of her work online - http://www.fitkiwipersonaltraining.com/ . So my advice is: if you know what you want in a personal trainer ask around and you should be able to find someone willing to do it.