Saturday, November 24, 2007

Excellent

Warning: A very boring post, read at your own risk.

All 3 little girls took a nap yesterday... N (5.75) hasn't napped for two years (except on the very odd/sick day). It was EXCELLENT!

This morning, I woke up at 7:30, but told myself only getting 6 hours of sleep was ridiculous when it was a holiday weekend. I gave myself a talking to and told myself I should take the opportunity to go back to sleep. (I told myself I should NOT get up and work.) I went back to sleep for 2 more glorious hours. Note: I am stressed.... I dreamt about working, but I think dreaming about working is less bad than getting up early and doing work. What do you think?

At 9:30, N and K (3.5) got up and happily watched Caillou and Super WHY! until MWH and I were willing to get up and feed them. (They woke us up, but you can't complain about 9:30!) T (2.25) is still asleep! It's 11:30. I think we were all pretty tired.

I love long lazy weekends. Today, we're going to go eat at a favorite restaurant (for lunch), talk a longish walk/hike and hopefully have time to go look at couches (we have no furniture in our living room).

Someday I'll have to post what we did accomplish this year in the house despite everything else.... Yesterday we looked at new kitchen chairs. I think we found some that both MWH and I think are comfortable. Now we have to go back and pick out color (for fabric seat) and wood color for the frame. (Hopefully we can do this in the next couple of weeks. It would be nice to have chairs by the new year, though we might not be able to get them even if we ordered this week... The end of the year is coming too soon.) I still have to tackle organizing all of the papers the girls bring home from preschool, but n3nny is willing to help. She's good! Someday I'm going to have to tell you more about her.

End boring post.

Hope all of you are having nice long lazy weekends too!

No comments: