Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful...

Yesterday, I was thankful when I finished my Thanksgiving grocery shopping. I don't think the parking lot at Whole Foods had very many thankful people in it. It was not pretty. In fact, it was downright ugly.

When you think about the original Thanksgiving, the holiday today is a bit shocking. People get way to stressed about holidays. The people at the grocery store and the parking lot were prime examples. I got honked at when I backed out of my parking space. It was by someone who was trying to leave too. They were "done" so they wanted out of there. I was done too. I wanted out of there. The honk was unnecessary. Of course, they could have accidentally hit the horn, but the grimace on their face told me they meant the honk.

Today, I am very thankful to be getting together with some friends and not cooking the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We're going to hang and eat our favorite foods and watch the kids play. I'm thankful for all of the giggles I got when I tickled T (2.25). I am thankful for how sweet K (3.5) was when we went and got coffee. I am also thankful for N (5.75) and how much she teaches her little sisters. It is amazing to watch. Of course, I am thankful for MWH. He is my wonderful husband. Today, I cleaned the sink in the kitchen and realized I've only done this twice since we moved in the house. The sink is usually clean because MWH cleans it when he washes the dishes*. (That alone would earn him the name MWH.)



*Earlier today, I saw a man wearing a shirt that said, "Hug the dishwasher." I think MWH needs that shirt!

No comments: