Sunday, July 08, 2007

There's an octopus in my garden...

/Start Random Post

If it hadn't have been for MWH, the blitle would have been, there's an octopus in my front yard. I had a dream last night that we had landscaped and put an aquarium in our front yard. It started to rain, and after the rain stopped, I went outside and found an octopus swimming in the aquarium.

I was so excited to find an octopus in our front yard.

I also had a dream that the librarians at [local state] university told me I was wasting tax payer money by asking them to help me look stuff up.

Who knows what it all means. Feel free to analyze in the comments if you want.



In other news... I am much less tired today. (I was starting to worry about me.)

I got about 10 hours of sleep last night. MWH got up with the little girls for a while so I could sleep late this morning. It was while he was with them that I had both of the above dreams. He also made me tea this morning... He often makes me tea, but this morning, it was especially nice.

After yesterday's festivities (great party that I didn't yet tell you about), we had exhausted little girls. We took the little girls to our favorite Mexican Restaurant (yea the A one DM) and then went to the Mue-z-EM today.

After the Mue-z-EM, we came home, T (22 months) napped, we hung out, and then went outside to do a little yard clean up / car clean up. T napped for about 3 hours. I saw our jogging stroller in the garage... Since Nino posted this I decided I should clean ours up. I've been wanting to get a bit more exercise and perhaps I'll be more inspired to take walks with one of the girls now. I figure, if nothing else, cleaning the stroller was good exercise. Then I worked on cleaning out my car. It's still dirty, but I think now I won't be embarrassed to take it in to get it cleaned. (It really was bad!)

After a baths and a quick dinner, we did movie night. We watched Kiki's Delivery Service. The girls loved My neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service was made by the same filmmaker. It too was a hit. We'll see if they watch it as many times as they've watched Totoro... or Toto as T calls it. T (22 months) LOVES Toto. She LOVES it.

T also loves to crunch on ice... It's hilarious. She'll get a cup and ask for ice. I give her the crushed ice and she eats it. None of the other girls have wanted ice to eat. T stopped sucking her thumb when she was around six months, but lately she's been experimenting with sucking on it. K (3) is still a big thumb sucker and N (5.5) still does it occasionally. I hope T doesn't start up again... There are worse things, but I'm not sure why now.

/End Random Post!

3 comments:

RUTH said...

I'd like an octopus in my garden and it has been so wet here the last few days it would probably be quite happy.

Mrs. CP said...

Hmm, maybe you were excited about the octopus because they have 8 arms... more arms with which to do things... maybe you'd like to have another 6 arms to help you with all your work. That would mean you could have another 3 computers and be typing on all of them at the same time!

Anonymous said...

We LOVE Kiki's Delivery Service! We also love "Howl's Moving Castle" but that one is a little dark so maybe in a few years you can share it with the girls.

And hey, cleaning the jog stroller IS exercise. So glad you got some. I went for another run tonight ALONE and I *almost* felt guilty. Guy took the girls on a fog walk to the playground, though, so I felt better. tee hee hee