Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Big bowl of pasta

MWH* made two plates of spaghetti the other night. One was small and one was large. He handed me the large one. When I said that I didn't want that much pasta he looked surprised and said, "But you usually eat more than me."

Okay, I am embarrassed, but I have to admit, I often consume more food than my husband. It's true.

In my defense, I'm still a nursing Mom. Despite being the hearty eater in our house, I've lost between 6 and 9** pounds in the last year. So what if I'm eating more than he eats. I am still LOSING weight. I don't diet so it is slow going, but I can't complain because it is going.

I am excited about my weight because now, I am changing my focus... Exercise is no longer just about jumping up and down or fighting vampires, it's about toning. I currently workout (REALLY HARD) 2 times a week. I am very active the rest of the time (chasing little girls, going to the park, doing cartwheels, etc.) but I really want to start getting in 3 official workouts a week and doing more strength training/weights.



*Are you shocked that I'm still calling him MWH after he said that?

**Depending on the exact day you start counting... At the end of last July I recorded 1X5.5 as the official weight. I know I bounced up to 1X7 at least one time before I lost any weight, but I was generally 1X5.5 until K started to wean (and I lost some more then). My weight jumps up and down quite a bit. We'll record the "official" weight for July '07 as 1(x-1)9.

1 comment:

Mrs. CP said...

I eat more than R does. Last week we had watermelon at dinner and it was delicious. I was inhaling it. R looked at me and said, "Wow. When you like something, you really like to eat a LOT of it." I was so embarrased!