Wednesday, March 21, 2007

T stuff

T is still not sleeping as well as she was a couple of months ago, but I think she's doing better than she was a few weeks ago. She's crying less when we put her in the crib (like a minute or two) and sleeping better through the night. (I usually hear her cry out once a night, but it's only for a second... I don't even know if she's waking and crying or just crying out in her sleep.)

One thing she's doing when we put her in her crib at night is using the time before she falls asleep to practice words and other new things (N used to do this a lot). She's singing "Old MacDonald" a lot during this time... (actually, she's been saying E-I-E-I-O for a while now, but she's added on Moo Moo there, Moo Moo there... ) If you listen on her monitor you'll hear...


E-I-E-I-O
Moo Moo there, Moo Moo there

E-I-E-I-O
Moo Moo there, Moo Moo there

E-I-E-I-O
Moo Moo there, Moo Moo there




There's even a bit of the tune in her singing, and it is cute (to me) every single time she does it (and we're talking 100's of times each night!).

She's doing quite a few 3 word sentences. I've written most of these before: I want that. I need that. It is stuck. I want nethis (nurse). What is that?

One of my favorites is when she "scolds." She points with her finger and scolds people and things--whatever isn't doing what she wants. You can't tell all the words, but you know what she means by her tone!

She knows lots of body parts (nose, eyes, ears, hair, chin, cheeks, belly, tummy, toes, knees, fingers, hands, tongue, teeth) and the coolest, she knows the difference between Mommy's body parts and T's body parts.... It sometimes takes a while for this distinction, but she has it down!

Have I mentioned I love watching language acquisition and cognitive development?

The latest cute-T thing is that she loves to run around with a shirt on her head. I'm not sure if she's just trying to learn to put on the shirt or if she's just being a silly little girl. I think it's the latter. She's a ham! My 19-month old.

No comments: