Sunday, December 03, 2006

I wish...

Saturday we had a fun day. We went to the park, N's gymnastics class, the children's museum, and then to our favorite Mexican place, A___ (sorry DM, but soon!) for dinner.

After we ate, we walked out by the little fountain and N (4 and 3/4s) and K (30 months) each got a penny to throw into the fountain and make a wish. There was one couple outside eating. They were kind of sitting close to the fountain. As we walked up, I hoped the girls didn't interupt them. Both K and N were being fairly calm and quiet (unusual for them) as they walked up for the fountain.

I handed N her penny and she said, in a sweet soft-spoken way, "I wish ...... for a kitty... a little kitten of my own."

The woman sitting nearby had turned to watch and she said, "Awwww..." She looked at me like I would be the World's Worst Mother if I didn't run out and buy N a kitty right then.

Then it was K's turn and she said, also sweetly and softly, "I wish for a little kitty too."

Another "Awwww" from the woman and now she looked like she might cry. Even though it wasn't any of the woman's business, I explained how we already had a cat and how we would get them a kitty when the time was right. Just so the woman didn't think I was horrible and mean.

Yea, they were being cute. Very very cute.

MWH and I discussed just how cute it was when we got back to the car. I told him that N and K probably made the woman want children-little girls. He agreed and then he one upped me. He said the fountain interaction had probably caused her to ovulate right then and there. He was probably right.

No comments: