Friday, December 01, 2006

Labelin'

I've been working on labeling (or categorizing) my January '06 entries. It's done now! I managed to label the 55 posts from January in 2 nights. If I can keep up the pace I could have a completely labeled blog in about 12 more nights. I think the chances of me being able to keep up the pace are slim-to-none. I have that BIG presentation I have to create. I have a good outline of the presentation, and I got a lot more fodder on Thursday in the phone calls, but now I have to weave it into silk. (A couple of metaphors in there I believe...)

Anyway, as I read through the posts from January, I realize how much things have changed in 11 months. Wow.

1. My feelings towards work have changed during the course of this year. In January 06, I was still mentally checked out. I didn't want to be back at work and I didn't really care about it. Somewhere during the course of the year I got excited about work again and now I'm sucked back in. I do love my job. I do love where I work. I do wish I could have balance in my life. I don't actually think it's possible.

2. Back then, we had two part-time nannies instead of one full-time one. I also had some "nanny issues" last year with one of the part-time ones. This year, Mary Poppins (one of our part-time ones) is our full-time nanny and she is wonderful. Our other nanny last year was a sweet person, but she was no longer interested in being a nanny. Not for us or anyone.

She was planning her wedding and trying to find a job that she loved. She thought she found her perfect job, but when I last saw her (a month ago), she wasn't that happy with her job. I think she imagined that a new job would make everything perfect. She is still searching. It takes so long to find a "perfect" job. And then, even when you do, there are still things you'd change. I have a "perfect" job, but it also means that I never stop working. I mean, I do, but it's always there with me. I wish I could shut off my thoughts about it sometimes, but I can't. There is no such thing as "perfect" or at least not perfect forever. My feeling is that you can work to make sure something stays right for you, but that there no such thing as perfect.

3. T, N and K have all grown up so much! T is almost where K was a year ago (not quite, because she's 15 months younger) but I can see her catching up! Wow. They all grow up so fast.

4. I believed we'd be in our new house by June '06--HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. (Sorry... must end the post now because I am laughing too hard.)

No comments: