Sunday, December 10, 2006

Annual Trek

The girls were all atwitter this morning. They got up, got dressed, and then were raring to go. N (almost 5!) wanted to look beautiful. She picked out her dress, wanted to wear her princess tiara (I vetoed that) and had me put in a beautiful ponytail in her hair (with ribbons). K (2.5 years) got dressed in her matching dress to N.

T (15.5 months) missed the excitement because she slept in until almost 11 am (YOU GO GIRL!). We got her dressed in a cute little red and white dress.



At 11:45 we departed and were on our way to see Santa.

We stood in a short line (I picked the mall that happens to be closest to us and the least busy!) and N was chomping at the bit. When we got up to the front of the line, and it was our turn, none of the girls would go near Santa.

K wouldn't get within 3 feet. I was holding T so she got closer, but shook her head vehemently when I tried to hand her to him. N wouldn't get within 8 feet. N was the funniest because she was the most excited about the adventure.

I didn't force the girls to sit on Santa's lap. I don't really need pictures of them screaming nor do I need the stress of traumatizing them and trying to get them on his lap. I don't think we've yet managed to get a picture of any of our girls with Santa. I have one from my work party where I'm holding N when she was 11 months, and she's looking at Santa (and ready to burst into tears). I don't actually have any photos of any them with Santa. (As a humbug it sort of makes me proud--does that make me horrible?)

No comments: