Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday Fun

One of my colleagues has a little girl a month younger than K (2!). She and I are beginning a new project together. Actually, we've been beginning it since December, but we're getting close to officially kicking it off with the teeniest amount of funding (only to be spent in writing a full-fledged proposal).

Every week we think that we're getting ready to send off for a miniscule amount of funding (see here and here), but every week we find more things we have to do.

My friend and are meeting Fridays to work for 2-3 hours at a time. We have a lot of fun working together and also discussing our kiddos, but we will be excited if we can get this project off the ground in an official way so that we can get paid for this work. Right now, we have to do this on our own time. We can't go on like this forever. We are feeling like we can do it despite all the barriers that we keep finding.

We have lists. We're using a Wiki to collaborate and make our lists... When we get done with things we can cross them off. Both of us LOVE crossing things off our list! We have a big meeting on Monday. Off in the big city. Should be fun. Hopefully this group we meet with will agree to be part of our project.

After my colleague and I met I got to go grocery shopping for all the stuff for tomorrow's festivities. Ice Cream cake here we come! (I just need to get enough energy to make it. When I planned the party I didn't think K was going to be sleeping so little. That whole jumping out of the crib thing is really a pain!)

No comments: