Thursday, February 02, 2006

Toy #2

I had a really fun birthday. I was so excited about the Roomba and I didn't think it could really get any better.

After I got my first toy, I went to work, came home, hung with the girls, N (4) wanted hot chocolate so we made some from scratch with cocoa (not hard at all and very very tasty!). Then we played a game and then the evening babysitters came. K (20 months) did not get the memo that all I wanted for my birthday was a day with no crying. She was in fine form. Because of this, I happily left our two babysitters to deal with K and take care of N and T too. (I use 2 babysitters at night when we go out because nights are hard. It's hard for my husband and I so why would we leave one stranger who doesn't love the girls like we do to deal with all 3?)

I went to my aerobics class and bounced like a maniac (fun fun) (remember I am one of those people who like to exercise). After aerobics, my husband and I went out to dinner. It was lovely.

At dinner, we had 2 hours of uninterupted time to talk. It was odd, but odd in a very good way. The fun thing was we got to "geek out." Part of our dinner conversation was discussing whether Q or The Borg would win if they were pitted against each other in a battle. (Yes, we are geeks, but we are very happy.) (The discussion didn't last very long though because Q would win... All he would do would be to banish The Borg from existence because he is all powerful. But because of the whole parallel existence thing he would never actually have to deal with the Borg if he didn't want to.)

At dinner, my husband presented the second present. A new video iPod. It's the black one. I haven't even had time to open it yet, but I'm so excited. It will be great for our upcoming trip. (I'll tell you about that later!)

When my husband and I got home from dinner N (4) & K (20 months) were actually asleep... and they didn't wake up when we got home. And they slept all night and got up at 9:15 and 10 am (N earlier than K). It was amazing!

My husband was wonderful to me on my birthday.* He also brought me roses (a dozen) the night before, and helped put T (5 months) to sleep so that I could get an extra 1/2 hour of horizontal time on my birthday.

Alfred is currently cleaning the dining room. Did I mention that I love him? (Him = Alfred and Him = my husband!)


*He's actually wonderful to me all the time. He just spoiled me with gifts on my birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great gifts! ANd it's true, you HAVE been talking up the Roomba--but a Nano too, that's fab!

So why aren't you blogging about MY present? Truly not meant as diet sabotage...they are so very very small!
PS ready for me to link to you yet? I am sure my mother never clicks on the links!