Saturday, February 25, 2006

She just cracks me up

Miss N (4) lives in the N____-iverse (part of her name followed the last half of universe) .

It's a special universe governed by her rules. She often isn't aware of what is occurring in our universe because hers is a parallel universe. Anyway, we've discussed painting toe nails because pedicures are one pleasure in which I indulge fairly frequently. She's always left her universe and come to our universe to admire my freshly painted toes and comment on them.

She's been curious about the process of a pedicure and I've explained it to her. I've also told her when she's older we can paint her toe nails and we can get pedicures together. I don't know if I've ever put a number on the "older" part of it, but I'm guessing I haven't. Today, while I was trimming her toe nails, she was being sweet and calm and I thought I'd offer a chance for some more mother daughter bonding. I offered to paint her toe nails. She said, "No, not yet Mommy. Not till I'm older."

No comments: