Sunday, February 26, 2006

Blog Duel

A wise woman once said that change is hard no matter how small. I've been thinking of switching to TypePad for some time now and last night I got an account over there and imported all the entries from here.

I still have to categorize things and fix some of the links that lead back to here, but what do you think? Should I stay or should I go (to TypePad)? The only real feature that TypePad has that Blogspot doesn't is categories. I'm not sure if categories are worth $4.95 a month to me. It's also weird to see purple instead of pink.

I played with TypePad a year ago and I really liked it, but now I've gotten Blogspot all set up and I know its quirks. Blogspot isn't as reliable as TypePad so for the money I'll also be buying more service and more reliability. Anyway, take a peek 3 Little Girls at TypePad and let me know what you think. (I know very few of you comment, but if you don't mind I'd really like to hear from you on this one!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know--I think blogger may bring in readers, hopping around. I use, not Typepad, but the related downloadable program, with a name I have blanked on, and I do like it a lot...I hate blogger as a commenter because it doesn't remember me, and typepad does. But I notice the most visited, non stand-alone sites are blogger, and I'm thinking, if we buy this house and redo it and I decide to do a nice, anonymous blog about it, blogger might be the way to go.