Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Life Stress Inventory

I'm tired and cranky and stressed most of the time.... and since I'm a psychologist by training (researcher not clinical) and I remembered that there was a life stress inventory scale. Just for kicks and grins I took it.

315 was my score. That's considered high.

It's confirmed, I have a reason (or rather 315 of them) to justify my tiredness, crankiness and feelings of stress. All things considered, I'm doing ok. I don't like being tired, cranky and stressed. It goes against my nature. I am usually rather polly-anna, and cheerful (though a major worrier).

I have to remember that this is temporary and that we're in an adjustment phase. I also have to think (the cheerful person in me) that I don't have it that bad. I am lucky that I have help (great nannies) and kids who sleep through the night and a wonderful (the absolutely best ever) husband.




(Some of the things that contributed to my high score... my cat died (he was a close family member and if any one tells me otherwise they can stick it where the sun don't shine), we moved, had 2 kids in 2 years, 2 pregnancies, a mortgage significantly over 10k, and other little things. I think I was doing ok with everything till we tipped the scale by moving, but if we hadn't moved, I would have had stress around that so I can't blame the move entirely... All of the stressors just add up (to 315).)

(The link on this post no longer works... here's a new link to the scale that does. Remember to count anything that has occurred in the last YEAR, not just recent things.)

No comments: