Monday, October 10, 2005

An insight

Yesterday, I got a little insight into N's thought processes and she is rational and logical. I've been trying to get her to listen to me for years now (ok, maybe only "year," but it may be 2 by now, but it seems longer). I asked her why it is that when I ask her to do something that she starts to cry and demand to do something different. She answered, "I cry because you're not listening to me."

Wow. So it seems that she thinks I'm not hearing what it is that she wants. She's not listening to me because she feels I don't listen to her. Wow.

I do know that when I can sit down with her and actually listen instead of barking out orders that she does behave better. The problem is, with three, you can't always sit down and T A L K about everything. You need to know that when you say S T O P as the little one is about to head out into the street that she will indeed S T O P. Three is much more difficult than 2. Maybe I just need to give in and buy me a triple stroller and then I won't have to depend on N listening.

No comments: