Thursday, October 27, 2005

Kitty snacks

The other night young Miss K (17 months) found a little container of kitty treats. It was a small cylinder, about the size of her Flintstone vitamins bottle. She walked around shaking it. It made a lovely noise. After a few minutes she decided she wanted to open it. She succeeded. I worried about having kitty snacks all over the floor so I tried to take it away from her. She screamed (her bloody murder scream). I put the lid back on and she screamed some more. She had seen what was inside of the container and was convinced they were yummy vitamins. She loves her Flintstone vitamins--who doesn't?

I handed her the container back. She then removed the lid again and grabbed a handful of kitty treats. I take them back. She screams. I let her have one. She is pleased. I figure if she eats it, it won't hurt her and she won't like it and we'll be done with this container and will move on to other things. She eats it. She likes it. She wants more.

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying and she's begging for more. So much for my approach. I thought I was clever. She wins. Point for K.

No comments: