Friday, October 28, 2005

File under X

I may have mentioned we moved about 7 weeks ago when little T (10 weeks now) was 3 weeks old. Needless to say, we still have a lot of unpacked boxes. Tonight while I was going through one of our many boxes in search of something, I began to wonder if my dearly departed kitty's ashes were in the box. They were not.

I moved on to another box that was bigger and harder to look through because there was so much stuff in it. I wondered again if his ashes were in this one, and just as I was about to give up looking in it, because I found the other thing I was looking for, I heard a "meow." It was just a meow from a toy, but I knew as soon as I heard the meow that it was a sign from my kitty to keep looking in that box. Sure enough, I dug a little deeper and there were his ashes.

I've been really wanting to find his ashes. I was so upset when I realized that the movers packed him and I didn't know where he was. My boy left this existence in February and I miss him so much. He and I shared a very special bond while he was alive and I'm convinced we're still connected some how. The day after he died I was standing in front of an African Grey and the Grey "meowed" at me. The Grey meowed twice and then never made another sound. I think he was channeling my kitty.

I sound like a nutcase writing about these things, and the logical rational side of me can say it's all coincidence and I'm adding the superstitious signficance to it because I loved my kitty beyond belief, but the part of me that loved my kitty beyond belief doesn't want to be logical and rational about it. It's comforting to me to think that part of him is still with me. Of course he is still with me in my heart. He was and always will be my true kitty love.

No comments: