Monday, April 02, 2012

NOT AGAIN .... Again!

The title is "not again" because I have a cold AGAIN!  It should also read "not again" because the HORRIBLE student from last semester reared her ugly head.  I hope my latest 3-page document will take care of the problem, but I wouldn't be surprised if I have a little more that I have to do.  Whatev.

The Again! part is that I have reduced my hours at work!  I did this once before in 2008.  I'm happy with this change as I'll get to catch up on things (I hope), spend more time with the girls, work on remodeling our new house, and work on organizing us before we move.  It's been a crazy 6 months.

Let's do a quick re-hash of the last six months.  Here are the highlights:

1.  I started teaching for OLU (again).
2. My Mom died in September.
3. MWH wanted to buy a different house.
4. We bought a different house.
5. Started remodeling different house.
6. Worked on big project at work.
7. Finished teaching fall semester.
8. Started teaching spring semester.
9. Pulled off HUGE project at work.
10. Still teaching.
11. Wrapping up huge project.
12. Took 5 trips (and I hate traveling).
13. Had 3 colds.
14. Really feel pulled in different directions.
15. Looking forward to a little rest and hanging with the girls.  I don't feel I see them enough.  (I see them quite a bit, but not enough for my taste nor for their taste.)  Also, poor MWH....  I want to hang with him more, too. I love that tall blond* boy!

Everyone has a story... You know, when you run into someone you can kind of predict what they'll say.  My story is always that I've got too many things going on.  I know lots of other people who do a lot of different things, but their story isn't (necessarily) that they feel too busy.  I feel like I'm always apologizing for something.  I dislike that.  I'm working on not feeling like I have to apologize all the time.  I'm working on not being so busy, but I am a work in progress.

My "other story" is about healthy food!  I'll be back soon to tell you about a modification to a recipe that made it SUPER YUM!  It's now been "company-tested" by visitors.  Some of the people I know well and some not so well and they all loved it.  (Excellent. And still healthy.)  It's a great, easy breakfast for when you have folks visiting.


*blonde is usually reserved for females and blond is for males is my understanding.

No comments: