Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Specifics...

Okay, I should have written the specifics down immediately, but better late than never.

Here are my changes to the oatmeal bar recipe.  I think I remember them all--except the last ingredient... (I'll update and note for sure when I make them again).


2.5 cups regular rolled oats (not instant oats), divided
1/4 cup chia seed
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp ground flax
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1.5 cups almond milk (or other milk)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
2-4 tbsp nut or seed butter
1 banana, mashed
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup xylitol (I can't remember if I used 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup...)
2 apples (fuji) chopped up into bite size pieces and cooked in a little water and cinnamon (2-3 teaspoons).  I cooked them for ~20 minutes?  I didn't peel.  All the liquid didn't cook off and next time, I'll probably decrease the almond milk a little as the cake/bars was a little moist and I had to cook them for 50-55 minutes.


See below for the rest of the instructions... (mostly mix the dry stuff then add the wet.  Bake with parchment paper or a silicone liner.)  I have one about like this and I love it!  I stick it in the 9x9 pan that I use for baking the cake/bars and it works great!  The corners of my cake/bars aren't exactly 90 degrees, but it's okay.  I never have parchment paper and my silicone liner is reusable!

No comments: