Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Now this is bad...

And a little embarrassing.  Last year, I missed my 5th blogoversary by a couple of weeks.  This year, I missed my 6th by a couple of months.  How embarrassing.  I can't even blame forgetting on my Mom's death because my blogoversary was in August and she didn't die until September.  I'll blame teaching at OLU.  I'm having fun teaching at OLU, but it's kicking me in the pants.

Okay, let's reflect on the year of blogging since that's the purpose of this post.  I am proud to report that I have already blogged more in 2011 than I did in all of 2010.  I'm still torn about whether I keep this blog or not.  I don't have tons of time to blog, and I don't have tons of readers, but having tons of readers was never the point of this blog.  I just wanted a little corner of the Internet to make a homey place for recording my thoughts and memories.  I'm delighted I get to share those thoughts and memories with some of my friends from real life and some new ones I've met along the way.  I share my thoughts and memories with others 'cause they are sometimes funny, sometimes a good lesson, and sometimes just something that may make someone else think, "Gee, I'm glad I'm not her."  That's fine.  I'm happy to be me.  I love my little family and my life--even when it's crazy.

My blog is sort of all over the place.  I'd like to make the focus more about health and nutrition, but to do that, I'd probably have to give up my day job and teaching at OLU.  I am not a professional blogger, nor do I have the desire to become an accomplished amateur.  I like to spend time hanging out with my kiddos, working at my other job, and teaching at OLU.  Crazy but good is my motto.

So what's in store for the next 12 10 months until the next blogoversary?  Lots.  I can promise you lots of insanity!  We have a new life-changing event beginning.  (No, I'm not pregnant... And it's good!)  I'll fill you in, soon.  In the meantime, leave me a comment and wish me a happy blogoversary.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Happy Blogoversary! Can't wait to hear the news.

Amelia

RUTH said...

Hipy papy blthuthgth guthva vthusthry!