Saturday, October 22, 2011

A green miracle...

Last night, twoK was eating her peas VERY SLOWLY--no surprise there. I think it was going on 40 minutes and she still had 1/2 the bowl to eat. I was getting frustrated and I asked her what I could do to get her to eat them more quickly. She said, wait for it, make me a smoothie with peas, strawberries, soy milk, and banana.

I almost fell over. I wonder if she's been reading this blog. I told her we'd do it tomorrow, and I said, if I made her a pea smoothie, that she'd have to drink it all.  She promised she would.

Tonight, at her request, and with her watching, I made a pea, strawberry, soy milk, and banana smoothie.  She drank 2 glasses full. She said she liked it. I put in way more peas than I usually do. You could see the green-ish color and taste them.  She didn't flinch. I was so proud.

Remember this? Tonight, I told twoK that she'd probably like spinach in her smoothies even better than peas.  She said she'd try it tomorrow. I told her that spinach tastes even less than peas do. It's true. She's been drinking them both for years, but she doesn't know it. I'm thrilled that she's at an age where she'll drink them with awareness. My little anti-vegetable girl is growing up and starting to like them.


No comments: