Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A new vegetable...

I didn't know there were new vegetables to try, but I found one the other night (a month ago, a couple months ago? I'm not sure, my life is a blur!). It's called tat soi. It's yum and a nice change from spinach, chard, and kale.

How'd I make it? I sauteed it with onions, garlic, and a little soy sauce. You can eat it over rice, on a tortilla, on noodles (if you add them in to the mixture it becomes very good like stir-fried noodles--well, 'cause it is).

At our Whole Foods, they have organic girl greens and the tat soi I got came all ready to use, I just had to throw it in the pan and cook it. I'll look for it at other places, now.


You can read about it how another person made it here. (And you can read about more new vegetables! I really want to try mizuna.)

Green is fun!

No comments: