Saturday, August 06, 2011

Countdown.....

Okay, we have just one full week off for the summer, and then school starts the following week. YIKES. I don't think I did my usual, OMG, HOW DID IT GET TO BE AUGUST, at the beginning of this month. So, there you go. Also, OMG, WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO?????

This week has been crazy and busy, but when isn't it? I went to meet the students for the Fall class. So far, so good. One will be, um, lots of fun. But, I have figured some stuff out to help (me and the student) and I think it will be okay. I'll keep you posted, don't worry.

Last night, MWH and I got to go see Harry Potter #7 (Part 2) with our dear friends. It was good. Some of it was better than I expected, and some of it could have been more exciting, me thinks. I'm so glad I've read all the books. I think the books are better, but I understand why it all can't make it in the movie.... sort of. I personally would be happy to sit through 3-4 parts of each book so they could get it all into the movies, but perhaps other people wouldn't.

oNe has finished HP #5 and twoK has almost finished HP #4. Three-a is still reading HP #1. Crazy! and Love!

At work, a wonderful summer intern left, this week. Sigh. We will miss him, but we will continue to work together. Maybe, we'll even go visit. He lives in a great place, Hawaii.

Oh! My brother is coming to visit next Friday. He just let me know Thursday. Nice notice. I now have to clean out the guest bedroom in a week (actually less than a week, now). Our guest bedroom becomes the dumping ground for all the girls' clothes as they out grow them. Our last guest use of the room was in May, but it's piled pretty high and deep right now. MWH or I will be making (possibly multiple) trips to donate clothes.

I guess, the week before school starts is a good time to clean out their old clothes and get things all ready for the coming school year. Let's see if I can get things organized and manage to work a full week of time at work. That's my goal for the week. I've been eating up a lot of vacation time hanging with the girls. It's been super fun, and I haven't stressed about it (too much), but I would like to have some vacation left when I start teaching.

Okay, I could continue to ramble about little things, but I think that's enough for now.

No comments: