Thursday, March 31, 2011

seals and other random things

1. oNe woke up barking like a seal today. When she talked, she sounded froggy. She earned herself another day off from school. She didn't have a fever, but she was coughing like crazy. If I'd have sent her to school, they probably would have just sent her home. Last update on her was she was not coughing as much. Here's hoping she can go back to school tomorrow.

2. I realized that I don't really have good hair days or bad hair days... I have good tech days and bad tech days. I have good brain days and bad brain days. I have organized days and scattered days.

3. I like coughing viruses much more than throwing up ones. When oNe was coughing, I wasn't scared to touch her. When she was throwing up, I was scared to LOOK at her. How sad is that?

4. Our nanny is back! Woo! She was sick while the girls were sick. She didn't have the throwing up thing, she had something else. We're still hoping she doesn't get it, and that MWH and I don't either.

5. Last night, I realized I'm about ready to finish up a project. When I do, I will have very little project work. I'll either need to look for something else, or start using vacation in preparation for going hourly. MWH really wants me to do the latter. I do, in theory, too, but I am scared in reality. I need to talk to the professor at OLU to make sure she wants me to teach this fall and next spring! That's right, I might get to teach two semesters in a row. If it happens, I'll be thrilled. If it doesn't happen, I'll be sad, but I can work more at work... or go hourly. We'll see.

6. I should go finish my report for the K-project.

7. twoK's kitty is having "sensitive tummy" issues. Poor little guy doesn't look completely healthy to me. He looks pretty good, and if you didn't know kitties, you might not notice, but his fur isn't that shiny, he has some gum disease, and this sensitive tummy-thing. I have to get him back to the vet. Good times with rescue kitties. It took about 6 months to a year before I felt like oNe's kitty was all healthy. We're only 3 months in with twoK's kitty... (We'll him Ch-Cat from now on....oNe's kitty is B-cat).

No comments: