Friday, September 03, 2010

I'd rather be...

not working, but I have about 4 hours of stuff I should get done today. The good news is I have about 4.5 hours in which to do it. The other good news, it's a 3-day weekend and if I get it all done, I might be able to get a little ahead for next week! If I don't get it all done, I could still get time to work this weekend... Or to clean my house! We have a couple of fun things planned. We may go bowing and on Monday we're planning on a last summer swim fling with our wonderful friends.



On another note, Three-a got "lost" today at school. Not really, but she was scared.

The story... I was dropping twoK off and I ran into her classroom to check with the teacher about one thing. The door shut as I ran in--I didn't realize it--and it took longer than 2 seconds to find out the answer because someone else was there asking a question before me.

I had left Three-a happily playing right outside the door to twoK's room, but I hadn't told her I was running in to ask a question. My mistake, I should have. (You know, it was only going to take two seconds, but that's what you ALWAYS think and that's why accidents happen.)

So Three-a was playing and some parents saw her by herself; they knew who she was and so they asked her where she was supposed to be. Note, the parents knew her, but she didn't really know them. When they asked her where she was supposed to be, she got worried that something was wrong. If they hadn't have asked, she wouldn't have even noticed I was gone and that I or she was "lost." But, alas, when they asked,* she started crying. (So sad!)

But the good news is that she 1) wouldn't go with them--they were offering to take her to the office and 2) that she told them "Call my Mom, her phone number is 4_ _ - _ _ _ _. Smart girl. They called and I walked outside. It was horrible that she cried, but it was a SUPER test of how she'd do under pressure of being lost for real. She did all the right things. I am so proud of her.

I hugged her and told her she was super smart and she clung to me for a while and then all was better. She went to morning care and told a little boy she'd teach him how to play chess. (Heh.) (She is trying to learn herself... I'd love to see what she knows when she teaches someone else; it would be priceless.)




*I don't fault them for asking, I would have done the same thing if I'd seen a kid I knew playing outside by him or herself. I'm glad they asked! If something had been wrong, it's nice to have folks looking out for your kid!

2 comments:

Lola Granola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lola Granola said...

Used a name! Oops! Just saying 3 wins, because I am not even sure rory and Wyatt know my last name....