Saturday, August 21, 2010

Transitions

twoK is screaming a lot. She LOVES first grade, but apparently it's causing her a great deal of difficulty in adjusting. She's fine at school, but the last two nights and all morning today she's been very banshee-like and really difficult. I'm guessing all will be better in another week or two, but we all have to survive it. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything I can do except let her sort it out internally. If you have any ideas, let me know.

oNe is being rougher with her sisters and yelling lots; Three-a is very tired. This morning, they woke us up at 8 am as they were wanting to go to school. I wish I could have sent them off for the day. On the positive side of things, 8 am is later than 7:30. We're heading out to visit a museum in a little bit. Hopefully that will keep them occupied enough.

How's the start of school for any one else experiencing it? Any screaming with your kids? Misery loves company. :-)

No comments: