Friday, July 30, 2010

Wild

Hang on, this is going to be a really random post because I haven't posted all week.

1. Last night was rough. twoK did NOT want to sleep without her Mommy or Daddy. It was after midnight when I resorted to yelling and threatening her. MWH was still being "good cop," but I was done. DONE. She's 6, is it too much to expect that she falls asleep in her own bed? I had stayed and snuggled with the girls for an hour and I thought twoK was asleep.

Tonight, I'm giving them 1/2 hour of snuggle time and then I go.

2. I am typing this on my iPad. I have a dock for it and I never use it. Tonight, I dug it out to use. It is nice. I think I could really write something with the dock. Pretty cool! I have a new project starting up next week, it involves writing a small article. Maybe, I'll try to do it on the iPad with the dock.... That could be fun! I can at least start it that way. Ooooh, fun!

3. My knee is so much better with PT. I'm thinking of going back for a "tune-up" for my back. I think, now that I"m stronger and very healed, the PT and me can make more progress on my knee. I'm hoping for the same with my back. My back feels soooo much better than last year, but if it can feel any better, shouldn't I try?

4. Three-a has now outgrown most of her clothes if they are sized "5" or XS. My Baby! She's growing! I can't believe she's starting kindergarten soon. We go for an orientation on 8/10. YIKES!

5. I've been taking the girls to the park on Friday afternoons. It's a great way to start the weekend.

6. I'm still troubled by my blood sugar. I'm going to start cutting carbs. I eat a lot of carbs, and they are all HEALTHY, unrefined carbs, but apparently, they are still a carb and my body can't handle them very well. My fasting blood sugar has been above the magic number of 100 more often than I like, so I am going to cut some carbs.

I eat about 200-250 grams of carbs a day normally, accounting for about 40-50% of my calories. I usually eat quite a bit of fat, 40% or higher and I usually eat about 10-15% protein. I'm going to see how low I have to make my carb intake get my blood sugar to behave itself. I'm testing my blood sugar after every meal and doing way too much obsessive behavior, but that is what I do. I don't want my blood sugar to negatively affect my health. I think that I've eaten between 48 and 68, today, but i haven't had enough food yet I'm still HUNGRY. I ate nearly a whole avocado, and 2 eggs today, but I still need to eat something else I think.

It's going to be hard to make this switch because I want to stay as vegetarian as possible. I'm not going to be able to be vegan I don't think. I need more protein in my diet and I don't want to do it with just adding soy. There are debates about how good soy is for you (I'll link some other day.) So, my plan for now is to add 1) a little soy and 2) salmon, other fatty fish, and eggs. I'm troubled by this because I'd like to stay vegan.

However, I went vegan because I thought it would be healthier for me. My ANA (did come down) and I was pleased, but now my blood sugar is bad. I don't want my blood sugar high, so it may not work for me to be all the way vegan. SIGH. I'll try this new soy, eggs and salmon (plus so many veggies it makes your head spin) diet until October and then I'll have my ANA re-tested. We'll see if it negatively affects my ANA. I hope it doesn't. (GETTING OLD SUCKS!)



(Salmon salad from the cafeteria where I work. The chef swore it was wild salmon. I sure hope so! It was YUM! It is in a paper to-go container. Classy, eh? I ate it in my office.)

7. As we were driving to the park, the 3 little girls were telling me that I was NOT old. That I looked great and that I didn't look at all old. I love them! :-) It was super nice to hear this after all the thinking I've been doing about blood sugar and feeling like I'm 80 years old because of it.

I guess, there are lots of Moms at the school who are my age, a few younger, but I guess, I'm sort of average to them. Plus, I do run around quite a bit with them. That probably helps me seem younger. My Mom didn't really run around, ever. Tonight, Three-a round her scooter around the park and made me "race her." I had to run. She thought it was the greatest game EVER. It was fun.

8. I have very soft fuzzy socks on--KH gave them to me years ago... LOVE THEM! Thanks! xoxo! The girls just asked if they could have them when I outgrow them. Heh.

And now, to end this VERY RANDOM post.

Good night!

(p.s. are you impressed that I did this post on the iPad with dock???)

No comments: