Monday, July 26, 2010

More on summer stuff

Related Post is here.

I don't have time this week to do a lunch with a little girl.... Sad. I made an eye doctor appointment for me for W afternoon--I was thrilled to get in so quickly, but just realized that it takes my W afternoon away.

Let's see... Maybe I can do one girl for lunch and Mommy-time this weekend, one August 9 and one the next weekend.... The only potential complication is that my brother might come visit, but hey, maybe that will be good. Maybe I can take one for the afternoon, my brother can take one for the afternoon and MWH can take one... that might work well. Hrmmm... Must plan this.

What else....

oNe is reading Harry Potter (HP)!!! She started on Book 1 on the last day of school. Now she's on Book 4. When she's done, she wants to read Book 5, but I don't know...

Book 5 is when Harry gets all angst-y and teenager-y. I'm not sure I want her to read that yet. I know other Moms with kids (girls and boys) who are oNe's age and they've read all the HP books. I haven't asked them about what their kids took away from the later HP books, but maybe I should.

If you've read HP, what do you think, would you let your 8.5 year old daughter read Books 5-7?

1 comment:

RUTH said...

My borrowed German son is exactly the same age as Harry Potter. It is definitely the best way to read them. He hadn't noticed how much they change because he'd grown up with them.