Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A week later...

I got really busy!

We had a lot of stuff going on at work and then we took off over the weekend to see my lovely friend and her family. It was her parents' 50th wedding anniversary--(waves to K & J if you're reading!). A fun weekend. I miss my friend. I wish we lived closer, but we live on opposite ends of the country. I couldn't live where she lives and she couldn't live where I live, so alas.

My lovely friend has four kids, and the seven, her four and my three) got along great. It was super cute to see them playing together. They swam lots! Three-a learned the phrase "Mind your own business" from the trip--I'm guessing one of my friend's kids says it. It's pretty funny. She doesn't quite get how to use the phrase correctly. She is trying. She keeps asking me what it means.

We returned home on Tuesday morning. Note to self, don't schedule a trip with morning flights! We had to get up at such an early hour for the return flight that I can't even type it. It was crazy. (Also, I <3 the iPad! I love reading books on it. It is so excellent for traveling!)

Work continues to be really, really busy. I had no time to have a "post vacation glow" at work. It disappeared Monday afternoon when I was still on the trip because I KNEW what was waiting for me when I got home. It was a report due to a client and we sent it off today, so tonight, I'm pretending I'm not swamped.

In my pretend play tonight, I did a little cleaning around the house. oNe cleaned in the bathroom. Tomorrow, the woman who is going to work with the girls on school related things (I hate to use the word tutor because that's not what it is exactly) is coming for the first time tomorrow. Nothing like a guest who has never been at your house before to inspire cleaning action.

Okay...I should go to sleep, I'm still tired from the trip. But first, I need to do my push-ups... Remind me to tell you about my new goal of doing push-ups and tricep-dips every single day...3 sets of 10 push-ups and 3 sets of 20 tricep-dips. Oops, guess I just told you. It's not that exciting. I want firm arms; they've gotten flabby because I've been slacking on upper body work.

2 comments:

Lola Granola said...

I am so glad you came!!! We had a great time. Sam reading Jake Drake books, almost done w/ 2, thank you for those!!

Mind your own business sounds like Cousin Avery to me. It's not us! I can't believe now little we managed to talk. Why did we nit just sit on that beach? Xxoo.

JK said...

Jake Drake looked fun to me. You were really busy with the party... We will will get time to chat. It was great to see you (and your fam) and your parents!

Cousin A makes sense. It's not an awful phrase. I just think it's funny that T can't quite get how to use the phrase correctly.