Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Trade-offs

It's been very emotional for me as I plan this summer. I want to be with the girls and I want to work; unfortunately, I can't actually do both at the same time. I wish I could take the whole summer off and hang with them, but I don't think work projects would like that too much. I'm trying to schedule my work so that I take Friday afternoons off completely to be with the girls and also so I can be with them some (hopefully most) Thursday afternoons.

What this plan means is that Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are packed full at work. They'll be such busy days that it makes my head hurt a little to think about those days. June is so much crazier than July, of course, July isn't scheduled out yet. We have a project that ends the end of June and I am really booked up with it. I will be so happy when that one is done. It's been an enjoyable project, but it was a short one (2.5 months) and those are always insane.

Unfortunately, I didn't learn from my experience and I took on another summer project that is short. Theoretically it will be a little less insane, and there is a remote chance that it might not happen. (The client might not be ready to send it out to have us try to implement it! One can only hope! We'll know more this coming Monday. Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen. Although, it would be a fun project if it can happen... AGAIN, a trade-off.)


Next up, I'll probably complain about my insane schedule and how when I went to reschedule a doctor's appointment for twoK, I had to move it to a MONTH later. Is that crazy or what?

No comments: