Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The talk (redux)

So, we haven't ventured on to YouTube to learn about "things" but oNe has learned a lot from her silk moths.

The other day, she didn't come straight out and ask "how do humans mate..." but it was close.

I just put on a biologist hat and started to explain...I didn't get very far when she said, "Wait, can we talk about this when I'm older so I can write it down so I don't forget? I want to have a baby but I won't remember it when I'm older if you tell me now."

I replied that I didn't think I'd need to write it down for her, but that I was happy to talk whenever she wanted to talk.



A funny related to silk moths... oNe should start silkmothmatch.com... Her first silk moth was a girl and she took it to school and found it a mate. Her second silkmoth was a male and she took him to school and he found a mate...errr, sort of. Here's a summary of the male silk moth's story:

oNe took the male silk moth to school, but there were a lot of male silk moths and not a lot of females. All of the females had mated already and her male was a little "out of sorts." He was looking around for a mate and he finally found a female not currently engaged with a male, however, she was starting to lay her eggs. That didn't stop the little male silk moth, he grabbed her and began to mate with her again. She didn't want to mate.

oNe summed it up well when she said, "Sometimes males are clueless."

No comments: