Wednesday, June 23, 2010

If I twittered...

If I twittered, I would totally twitter about the conference room chairs in the room where I am currently sitting that squeak EVERY TIME YOU MOVE A LITTLE BIT. Whenever you breathe they squeak. VERY ANNOYING. (As is the all caps typing.) (10:30 am)

Pilates makes me feel strong... and sweaty. (12:00 pm)

I love black olives. They are one of my favorite foods. (They are also one of oNe's fav foods.) (12:50 pm)

I kind of like artichokes... I do like them, but sometimes I like them more than other times. (12:58 pm)

Hey, when I focus on work, and work with colleagues who have complementary skill sets, I think I do really good work! (HEH!) (2:30 pm)

I am excited that I won't be working Friday, Monday or Tuesday!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO! (2:35 pm)

(While on the phone with a friend who is a new mom thinking about going back to work) I have been trying to balance motherhood and work for 8 and 1/2 years and I still haven't done it. No matter what you decide, you'll feel guilty. (2:45)

Where oh where is my 3:00 meeting? (3:07 pm)

My 3:00 meeting got moved until 5:00--making an appointment doesn't actually mean you'll meet at that time around here. (3:12 pm)

Waiting for my 5:00 meeting.... (I feel like I'm in the play, "Waiting for Godot." Okay, maybe not, but I do feel like control over my life is futile.) (5:04 pm)

On another, more positive, note, I had a day in the office without a lot of meetings. I got a lot done... Including an impromptu working meeting over the phone with a colleague who works in the office across the country from where I work. I like days like this. (5:05 pm)

Argh, except, I just realized I'm missing a play date, so I'm sad not to be with the girls. N3nny is taking the girls, so it's not like I'm standing someone up, I just don't get to go have fun. :-(. (See above for working on motherhood work balance and sucking at it.) (5:06 pm)

I hope you enjoyed my twitters that aren't twittered. I have no idea if I'm under 140 characters, but I'm brief. With any luck, my 5 pm will call in a second and I'll be able to go home soon. The question now, is do I go home or do I go work out. I want to work out, but I want to see the girls, too. (5:07 pm)

No comments: