Friday, May 14, 2010

Food as medicine

Go check out this trailer for a movie called Forks over Knives.

I believe that the food we eat is a very powerful medicine. Food can control the expression of certain genes, some foods heal damaged blood vessels (mostly leafy green foods), many plant-based foods are thought to lower cancer risk, the higher fiber helps keep things moving, and a lot of plant-based lowers inflammation in the body. (Yea, some of that is over generalized, but not really. A plant based diet is SUPER healthy for you. You can read more here.) I am so excited for this movie. The idea in the movie is simple, plant-based diets can prevent and heal diseases. If you want to read even more, go visit my friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat. I'm checking out all of your links. xo

PS said...

Let me know if you go see it, I'd like to go. I've been veggie for 2 weeks; most days have been vegan. It was one of my bday presents for L (said I'd try being vegetarian, best present he got :) and I want to lower my cholesterol. So far it hasn't been hard at all... but then I've been vegan many days before this, eating with L. I'm sure I'll be tested :)