Wednesday, January 27, 2010

keeping with the broccoli theme

I found another broccoli salad recipe
here

I might make it as is and not modify it. It sounds good.... except I need to by some fresh coriander before I make it--otherwise, it'll be made with dried coriander, and I don't know if that would be as good. Maybe I'll try to make it this coming weekend. I'll let you know if I like it.

Raw Broccoli Salad Recipe
(Serves 2)

3 cups of chopped broccoli
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
2 tbs of finely minced coriander
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
Juice from 1 lemon
1/2 tsp of sea salt, or if you have it, flor de sal

Method:

Wash and finely chop the broccoli, several florets at a time. Include 1 garlic clove in the chopping. Chop for another minute and then add the second clove. Keep chopping until the broccoli pieces are about 1/2cm to 1cm.

Place the broccoli into a large, non-reactive bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and then mix well with a metal spoon. Cover and let the broccoli sit in the fridge for one hour.

No comments: